2XC2012 - Race 6 Sat 29 Sept, Heatree Dartmoor

Rolled up to Heatree, near Hound Tor on Dartmoor, yesterday for the final round of this years 2XC race series.

This is a new venue and what a great place! The weather was nice and sunny and the track was proper XC.....a real mixture of good stuff....

Rooty technical climbs, loamy singletrack and fast flowing technical descents...it had it all and is probably my favorite track of the series and judging by the reaction of others, it was theirs too. Attendance was fairly low so lots of racers really missed out on a great event!

Was a really good race for me racing against Harry Foreshaw (Fully Sussed/Certini team rider and current South West Junior Champion). We traded places on what was a very quick and equal first lap -  Harry took the fastest lap of the day (incl. the Seniors Race 2) at 8m 41s with me 1sec behind at 0h 8m 42s. I pushed hard on the second lap and managed to pull a lead on the first climb and create a gap of 40 seconds during the lap. I eased off a bit on the third lap to recover and Harry made up 3 seconds on me but I pushed hard again on the final lap and I gained a further 15 seconds.

Lap 1: Racing hard with Harry Foreshaw leading


Was a tough race (thanks Harry!) but in the end I took the Race 1 and Juniors win by 49 seconds, so really pleased with a solid performance against stiff opposition. Full race results can be found here.

Thanks to Steve Birchill and Alan Drury at MDDC for organising a brilliant event at a fab location with a really cool XC race track....really hope the word spreads and more people attend next years race and help create the success it deserves!

Back to racing Cyclocross next weekend for Round 4:  Sunday 7th Oct:  MDCC Cyclo-Cross, Stover, Newton Abbot