New Arrivals 2 - Scott CR1 Team Road Bike

I've been really enjoying putting a lot of miles in on the road bike recently as part of my coaching/training program with EliteVELO for next years XC racing.....but have been using my dad's old antique steel frame 27lb road bike!

So...continuing my transformation to the 'dark side' I recently sold my downhill bike (shock...horror) so that I could put the money towards a more up to date lightweight road bike which would fit me properly.

My downhill bike wasn't getting a lot use recently as I mostly prefer riding my Scott Ransom now for downhill so figured I'd get a lot more use out of a road bike.

After considering various options I decided on the 17lb Scott CR1 Team - full specs here. Really nice, great value road bike - super lightweight high quality carbon frame with complete Shimano 105 groupset and lots of potential to upgrade in the future.

Once again a huge thank-you to my sponsors Hot Pursuit Cycles for making this possible....just praying for some dry weather now so I can go ride it :)