Tour of Britain, Stage 6, Sidmouth to Haytor, 20th Sept

The day the Tour came to town......Stage 6 of this year's Tour of Britain was being played out right here in my backyard on a lot of the roads I train on so I spent a mint day yesterday in the thick of it.

Max, a few of his Uni friends and I decided the best thing would be to soak up the atmosphere and catch the finish up at Haytor and ride some of the roads on our way.

I left Exeter at just after 10 and headed up over Haldon via Shillingford and then on through Chudleigh to Kingsteignton where I met up with the others.

From Kingsteignton we headed out to Bovey Tracey and then up the Haytor climb to the summit where we found a great spot along the barriers to watch the finish.











Really enjoyed the day, was so good to get the opportunity to see world class riders at such close quarters. 

We headed out for a blast around Dartmoor once we'd seen the podium presentations and as we drifted away from Haytor towards Widecombe we were passed by the Movistar team car who then proceeded to hand us a protein bar, felt just like a Pro....for a split second....awesome end to a fab day :)