Mondraker Gravity Rally - 15 + 16 Sept, Exmoor

Great weekend of riding, really enjoyed the chilled, friendly vibe!


Weapon of choice for the weekend was my current fav the 160mm travel carbon Scott Ransom.



The timed stages were pretty flat out and open and not really very technical. I ran out of gears for Saturday's timed stage which meant a capped top speed so ended up in 29th place out of 230+ competitors at the halfway stage. I'm only running a single chainring on the front so swapped out the 34 for a 36 on Saturday evening to see if that might help...

....well it helped a bit (although a dual chainring upfront is possibly way the forward for me...I think?) and I had a enjoyable Sunday. Unfortunately the timing got corrupted for a lot of riders (me included) on Stage 2......which was a pity because I was flying on that stage as it was more tech and suited me far better (got KOM on the Strava segment for Stage 2).

So in the end the results for Stage 2 were not included in the overall, however I still moved up to 23rd place which when put into context meant 3rd place for the under 18's so all in all pretty happy really and will definately be back for more next year :)

More race info available here: Mondraker Gravity Rally 2012