Cornish Series, Round 2, Perranporth

Last Saturday saw Round 2 of the Cornish Series closed circuit race at Perranporth Aerodrome.

We set off in glorious sunshine around lunchtime but on arrival in Perranporth it was overcast freezing cold and very windy.

Got a really good warm up done as I knew the racing would be flat out from the start, which it was with attack after attack from rival teams.


The four riders from the Bikeshed - UEX team attacked continuously in an effort to get away. No one seemed to be very bothered about chasing down the attacks so 90% of the time it was down to me to try to bring them back.


Eventually Al Murison got away and the race began to splinter. The early efforts I put to marshall the initial attacks + not being the most powerful rider in the bunch meant that I was starting to suffer and during this time a few others managed a break away which I missed.



After that it was damage limitation and in the end I crossed the line in 9th place. Not quite the result I wanted, short circuit flat racing doesn't really suit me that well, but it's all good experience and I still managed to score enough points to move up to Cat 2!